Weekend Trip in Cinque Terre

To get away from the heat me and my friends decided to take a weekend trip to Cinque Terre. It's made up of five villages: Manarola, Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, and Riomaggiore. 

FULL DAY BUS PASS

After the train ride there is a shop to buy tickets for the bus. I recommend to buy a full day bus pass which is 16 euros. This allows you to explore all 5 villages and is cheaper than buying singular tickets, which is about 4 euros one way. This pass can be used for trekking paths and Wi-Fi connection.

DINNER SPOT







My favorite dinner spot would have to be in Monarola. At Il Porticciolo they mainly serve seafood pasta but there are a few items that are non seafood. The first image is pasta with mussels. The second image is pasta with shrimp and squid ink. The third one is a dessert dish, tiramisu with pistachio gelato. I thought the squid ink pasta was interesting because I had  never seen anything like it before. As for the dessert, the size was big enough to share with 2-3 people.

WHAT TO BRING


The trip requires a lot of walking so pack light. If you plan to get in the water definitely bring sunblock, a light towel, and a bathing suit. If you want to explore all five villages I would consider staying one night to get the most out of it. Also bring extra cash in case as there are barely any ATM's to take out cash. My favorite part of this trip was going in the clear water to enjoy the view and weather. The water felt refreshing to jump into as it was hot during the day. Overall I think Cinque Terre is a must see if you stay in Italy during the summer.




Stephanie Beltran

Comments

Popular Posts