Experiencing London

The five weeks that I spent in London for my Global Seminar were some of the best weeks of my entire life. This was the first time I had ever left the U.S. and it really opened my eyes to how different and wonderful other countries could be.

Transportation
London has the most amazing transportation system that I have ever experienced! If you are planning on going to London through a Global Seminar, they provided us with an Oyster card that was filled for the entire five weeks we were there. With this Oyster Card you can literally travel throughout the entire city without any issues, using the Underground (tube) or the bus system. Both of these methods of transportation are so efficient and allow you to go to so many places! Transportation is actually one of the things I miss the most because living in California without a car is not ideal and I wish we had the same type of easy-going transportation system as London did.


London Culture
With the Global Seminar we lived almost in the center of the city of London, it was extremely easy to go to any tourist attractions, experience the life of the city at night or just go to local areas. The city of London was a perfect mixture of beautiful nature, museums, palace-like buildings, art and a few modern buildings as well. It is nothing like your typical city in the U.S. with only modern buildings and very few amounts of nature mixed in. There is nothing like experiencing European cities where the oldest building could be from the 1500s or even older, where there is so much history to be discovered, so many museums you could go to, so many grand-luxurious places that everyone should see at least one in their life time. I was amazed with the exquisite architecture that the majority of buildings, whether it be a church, a palace or just an old apartment complex showed. I am going to miss my time in London where so much was to be discovered and explored, in and out of the city, I can't wait to go back! Enjoy some pictures of my must-see places, and believe me, my pictures don't do them justice:

Buckingham Palace:

Westminster Abbey:
Kensington Palace:
Paddle Boats in Hyde Park:
Natural History Museum:

St. Paul's Cathedral
Tower of London:

*Sky-Lauryn White*

Comments

Popular Posts