Amazing Architecture

Of the two classes we took in our Global Seminars, I was more astounded with the architectural exploration of ancient and modern Greece.  After the GS ended, I spent a few more weeks in more of Europe, and my first stop was Rome, Italy, where the empire had shifted later on (and Istanbul, but I digress, still have yet to go).

One of the first structures we saw was the Parthenon...


But of the ancient structures we toured, I was most impressed with the Temple of Poseidon (above) on the edge of a seaside cliff, and then the still functioning Odeon at the Acropolis (below), where a couple of classmates and I saw 'La Traviata'.




Of new structures, the new Olympic stadium was really impressive and modern, I especially liked the exterior walkway shade structure pictured here.


I really miss exploring some of what Greece has to offer with everyone on this trip!


Comments

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute.Good post. I was very interested in the article. it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job. I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards.
    Architect In Karachi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts