Weekend Trip: Barcelona

After spending 4 weeks in Madrid, our last weekend in Spain consisted of a 4 day trip to Barcelona. This was the excursion I was most excited about because we would have the opportunity to be there for more than one day. I was particularly interested to see the park that was shown in the second Cheetah Girls Movie. The park is called Park Guell and it is one of the prettiest sights I had during my stay in Spain. It has a beautiful view of the city along with the ocean. It was quite a hike to get to the park, but worth to see the architecture in the park. I was a little sad that we went on a cloudy day, but that means I have to go back to see it in the sunlight.



Another excursion that I enjoyed in Barcelona was visiting their oldest general hospital. It is formally known as Hospital de la Santa Creu I Sant Pau. As a student that wants to work in the medical field, I found this hospital fascinating. The first thing I noticed was the hospital’s beauty. We learned that every aspect of the hospital was designed to improve the health of their patients, including tile work. After listening to history for 4 weeks, it was refreshing to hear about science and medical history.


During this weekend trip, we were able to explore the city of Barcelona by seeing famous landmarks such as La Sagrada Família, but we needed more time to get a full understanding of Barcelona’s city life. I am excited to one day return to this beautiful city in the future. Here are some pictures from my time in Barcelona: 




By: Gisselle Santiago 

Comments

  1. The resource that you mentioned here is something that I have been looking from quite a time. I would like to know more about such topics and hope to get some more helpful information from your blog.
    IVF Treatment Centre in Bangalore | Gynaecology Hospitals in Bangalore|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barcelona is not just for a weekend ! you have to stay there at least 10 days! i went with my girlfriend last year and it was so romantic, so many lights, tourism, nice food, history and all that stuff.
    I organized it with this https://daytrip4u.com/destination/Spain/Barcelona and they made my trip easier, they know about the activities there and guide you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts