Dublin and London

. I had an amazing time abroad and have learned so much. I made new friends and established new connections. My experience abroad has opened me to the idea of possibly living abroad in the future, in pursuit of career opportunities. I spent the first four weeks of the program in Dublin, which is a city I loved. I did not expect to like Dublin as much as I did but I enjoyed how easy it was to walk around the city. It was interesting to learn about  how much Dublin has grown and see what they have planned for the future. I was blessed to have a fun group of student to hang out with and explore the city. By the end of the four weeks in Dublin, I truly felt comfortable in the city and felt a sense of being at home. I was quite sad to be leaving. On the long weekend, a small group of us traveled to Italy. Italy had amazing food but it was incredibly hot compared to Dublin, a city that rained very often even in the summer. Going from Dublin to London was a very informative transition and allowed us to compare the different size of the cities. London is a massive city in which we needed to take the underground tube to travel around. Our program was meant to study how Dublin is growing it’s economic presence in Europe despite having to compete with the powerhouse that is London. London was much more diverse than Ireland which is something I really appreciated. Along with the diversity came a wide range of amazing food. London was probably my favorite city that I visited abroad.
Overall, these five weeks has been one of the best summers of my life and I greatly recommend anyone to study abroad.

Marcos Beltran 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts