Paris Metro


I realized I never took pictures of the Paris Metro but enjoy a gif from the London Tube
One of my favorite aspects of Paris was the encompassing transportation system, no matter where I went I knew that my trip would be made easier. The metro at first glance can seem more than a bit daunting. With the many lines crossing over each other and trying to figure out which direction is which, it can be overwhelming I won’t lie. Luckily enough each station has a poster of each line that clearly lays out where it stops and when all else fails Google Maps/Apple Maps (all up to your preference) is always there to help. 

The two methods I often used were the RER and the Metro Lines, while both similar have a few key differences.

RER

The transportation system is great if you want to go outside of the city, for example during the trip I had the opportunity to visit the Palace of Versailles. Since I had the Navigo Pass I was able to hop on the RER all the way there and back. 

When I visited Disneyland I also took the RER directly there. It was very easy to navigate, but the downside was that it was packed and hot. So be prepared to have to stand and maybe even squished.

The main difference between the RER and the regular metro is that the RER has fewer stops and goes beyond the inner city. It also has two levels and provides great views!

Metro

The metro lines are most likely what you will be dealing with on a day-to-day basis. They are one of the most efficient metro lines I have ever encountered. With trains coming every few minutes it really doesn’t make a difference if you have to wait for the next train.

A common issue is that it gets packed. You will feel like a sardine during peak hours and if that it combined with the summer heat, good luck!

- Kimberly Ramirez

Comments

Popular Posts