Iceland's Greatest Museum: Nature

I had originally planned to participate in the Mathematical Beauty in Rome Global Seminar, but became kind of disappointed when I had discovered that it had been cancelled. Instead I chose to be in the Fire and Ice program in Iceland because I knew that I still wanted to study abroad. Now I am actually thankful that I was able to go to Iceland instead of Rome. I slowly began to realize that although Iceland didn’t have as many fancy museums and historical artifacts as Italy, it did have a diverse and unique geography unlike anywhere else in the world. The layers of old lava flows that envelopes it, basalt columns, and glaciers is its own kind of geological museum.
                                                                          Kirkjufell                                                                                  
   
   Selfoss
By: Guadalupe Refugio


Comments

Popular Posts