Places to visit in Vienna, Austria

Bitzingers Würstelstand bebi der Albertina

Vienna is one of my favorite cities I visited in Europe. It has great food, weather, and scenery. First, my recommended hot dog stand it Bitzingers. For the four days I was in Vienna I bought Riesen Hot-Dog mit Käsekrainer each time. There is cheese inside the sausage and you have the choice of adding mustard and ketchup. There is usually a line to buy the food but it is definitely worth the wait. After buying it me and my friends would walk to the nearby garden and sit on a bench to eat. You get away from the crowded streets and get to view the nice green scenery of Vienna
Other foods to try here is goulash and schnitzel. I tried my first schnitzel at Figlmüller Bäckerstraße and the wait was worth it. There is an option between pork and chicken and they have good appetizers as well. It's a lot to finish so I would be best not to eat something before this. 

Volksgarten


Another garden to visit is Volksgarten, it's filled with different flowers and a symmetrical design with roses. With nearby benches with shade it is a nice place to stroll through and sit down to enjoy the view. If you're into photography, it is also a good spot to take some photos of the scenery and your friends.  

Belvedere palace

Belvedere palace is known for carrying "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt and "Napoleon at the St. Bernhard Pass" by Jacques-Louis David. If you want to just see these paintings mainly I recommend buying the upper level ticket. There is a student discount if you have a student I.D, some places in Europe will have student discounts so it's best to carry it with you all the time. Both the inside and outside are beautiful places to view. The garden in the lower level is filled with geometric designs of the flower beds and fountains. The palace does look its best on a sunny day because the colors are more vivid, so definitely check the weather before you go. 

Stephanie Beltran 





Comments

  1. Beautiful way to explain this article. I'm interested to read these kind of blogs. Please feel free to check out my travel blogs also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts