Brighton Pride

Brighton Pride 


Although, the Revelle in Rome Study Abroad program ended, my Summer adventure was barely setting sail. My Hot Boy Summer then led me to the city of Brighton in the United Kingdom, which to my surprise was hosting their Pride Weekend. I was very much excited because this would be my first Pride event ever, and it was taking place in a foreign country. As I made my way from the London Gatwick Airport to the city of Brighton via train, it was everything I imagined it to be and so much more. I was amazed by the sheer amount of rainbow around me. People covered from head to toe in some of the most elaborate rainbow outfits I had ever seen, beaming with PRIDE. Not only were the people dressed for the occasion, but all department stores in sight were decorated showing their support for the community. My experience at Brighton Pride was everything I had imagined and so much more. That day I was surrounded by so many people who shared a love and support for our community. I felt accepted and capable of being my true self. Attending Brighton Pride allowed me to develop a greater sense of confidence in myself and showed me how truly united we all are. Brighton Pride even inspired me to attend Pride events throughout the world. Let’s see where my next Pride will be.

Comments

Popular Posts