Daily Life in the Down Under : Week 1 Edition

It's been about a week since I actually made the quantum leap, and flew 15 hours from LAX to Sydney, Australia. So far, this trip has been everything I've ever imagined and more.

Day 1: We got to explore the city, check into our accommodations, and ended the night on a cruise around the Sydney Harbour, which included a stunning view of the Sydney Opera House.
 

Day 2: I tried a local dumpling place called Taste of Shanghai with friends after our lovely orientation. We walked around the city and took a ferry to Luna Park. After we arrived back in Sydney, we found a gelato place called Messina! I got the flavor "Nicky's Glasses", which is a mix of salted caramel and coffee flavors! On our walk home, we decided to stop by the Sydney Eye Tower, where we watched as the city turned from day to night since we arrived just before sunset. For dinner, we grabbed Japanese food from Oiden. I got a premium wagyu beef bowl for 12 Australian dollars and got the Famous Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake to share.









Day 3: We took a class day trip to Featherdale Wildlife Park, where we got to see koalas, penguins, and pet kangaroos. Tip: If you follow them on Instagram, you get a koala souvenir for your trip home. We also hiked 4 miles, but 85 flights of stairs down to the bottom of a waterfall at the blue mountains. 





Day 4: I reconnected with my old roommate who transferred from UCSD to the University of Sydney showed me around her university, and we tried a hotpot place called Yango Guo Fu Malatang. We then went grocery shopping in her favorite stores around the city and tried a boba place with 2 drinks for $7 called 10.14. 



Day 5: I got to relax at our hotel, and spent the day video calling friends and family back at home.

Day 6: There is a Chinese night market on Fridays, so I went with friends to check it out. We wandered around a tried the dim sum and Malaysian food there. They also had these giant vending machines with random prizes, and I ended up getting a wireless charger. As we explored the booths, a friend and I decided to get hair ties with cartoon characters attached to them.


Day 7: I walked around the city with friends and found a cool mall with vines running down all around the building. We also got fish and chips at the local swapmeet and then got noodles for dinner.




Day 8: After class, I went with a group of classmates to try Kangaroo and Emu pizza, and we also got the crocodile pizza. Although the crocodile was a bit bland, the Kangaroo and Emu pizza were really good. Afterward, I ended the day with my friends by traveling to Newtown to check out the street art around the town.



                                                                                                                                                                   
"It's not the destination, it's about the journey"
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

  1. It such a nice blog everything about Sydney including in this blog. I want to reffer you about the place that is popular for greek food. Greek Restaurant in Sydney is a place where you can taste variety of meals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts