Adventures in Tivoli

Another day, another excursion. 

That has been the motto of this trip. Day after day, we visit new places that hold some of the most beautiful art and history in Rome. However, this trip was a bit different. Yes, the scorching heat was still present but, instead of Rome, we took a day trip to a city in Italy called Tivoli. 

The trip started with a long ride in an air-conditioned bus to Villa Adriana. This location is known for being a large Roman archaeological location. As soon as I walked in, I could feel the culture and traditions that were once there ages ago. There were marble cylinders and carefully designed tile floors that looked brand new. It amazes me that after so much time some things were still standing.

After our three-course group meal, we walked over to the second part of the trip at the Villa d’Este. The Villa is now a tourist Italian Renaissance garden in Tivoli. It is filled with views, fountains, so many trees and water. I would constantly find myself feeling overwhelmed with happiness by the picturesque areas everywhere I walked. Throughout this part of the trip, I was in love with every piece of it. Later that night, I found out that I had walked where Lizzie McGuire once walked back in 2003. 

Now I can definitely agree with her that places like this are what dreams are made of.

A waterfall from Villa d'Este

Some ruins from Villa Adriana

More ruins from Villa Adriana

Me in front of another fountain at the Villa d'Este


Comments

Popular Posts