Healthcare in France



Upon my arrival to France I was feeling well. My flight was delayed by one day in Texas and as the night went on I felt as if I was getting sick. My throat began to hurt and my voice went away completely. After arriving in Paris it became worse enough to where I felt like I needed to see a doctor.

The CEA staff were so helpful in calling a doctor for me and explaining my symptoms. I have never received medical care outside the United States before and have only read about other countries healthcare in my health policy classes. The staff said our insurance would get reimbursed after paying upfront for the medical costs and all I need to do is fill out the claim form with recipients.

In France, you are able to call the doctor and have the doctor come to your location. This was perfect for me because the doctor came during our lunch break and I did not have to miss class time. The cost of healthcare in France is significantly less than in the United States. My doctors visit was 70 Euros would would have been four times as much if I would have been seen at an urgent care. I was prescribed medications also which were also much cheaper (20 euros for 4 prescriptions).

I started feeling better the next day and now almost have my voice entirely back. Although I wish I had never been sick in the first place, I am thankful for my experience of experiencing a different healthcare system in France.



 













Comments

Popular Posts