Pre-Florence Thoughts

Hello!
I am currently in Florence for the Psychopharmacology Global Seminar.  Event though I have already arrived, I wanted to discuss my thoughts about the Global Seminar before I arrived.  To be honest, I wasn't very nervous for the trip at all.  I created a checklist of what I needed for the trip a week before my departure date and I slowly began getting the stuff I needed for my luggage.  I think creating a list beforehand with ample time to complete it really helps reduce anxiety because if you forget anything, you have plenty of time to get it.  If you have a tendency stressed for flights for this particular reason, I recommend trying this method of preparation.  

I also flew to Italy one day before the check-in date and I made sure that I would arrive during daylight hours.  Travelling during daylight hours is much easier and much safer.  Try looking for flights that arrive a good amount of time before sunset.  Arriving early also allows for a safety net in terms of flight delays and accidents.

In terms of not getting lost at the Italian airport with my luggage, I researched extensively my airport, where I had to go, and how I had to get there.  I also made a checklist of the activities that I had to do right away such as exchanging currency and getting a SIM card with data for my phone.  Making a checklist really makes things systematic and easy to follow.  

I am really looking forward to exploring the city or Florence and the wonderful food, history and culture behind it.  Thanks for reading my blog and remember: stay calm while travelling abroad and at the airport.  Things aren't always going to turn out as planned, but at the airport there will always be people willing to help.  

Comments

Popular Posts