Gelato in Italy

What make gelato stand out from other kinds of ice creams are its density and richness. Gelato typically contains 70% less air and more flavoring than kinds of frozen desserts. In terms of gelato, Italy, the country gelato was originated from, is undoubtedly the best place to have it.

The first gelato place we went to in Rome, Italy, is called Giolitti. It is a place with a very long history since 1900. Not only our professor, Dr.Tronzo recommended it, but also the local guide here said that when he was small, his parents brought him here to have gelato. Fortunately, our nice professor bought everyone a cone with two scoops of gelato, so we can try it for free.

I tried four flavors, including pistachio, rice, Italian opera, and Sicilian Cassata. The pistachio one was recommended by Dr.Tronzo, and it is very good. In terms of the rice one, the rice inside are chewy, which makes it my favorite. Italian opera flavor has various nuts in it. The nuts inside make it very special. Sicilian Cassata is a traditional sweet from Sicily, Italian. The gelato has colored and candied fruit in it. It is a little bit too sweet for me, but if you enjoy sweet food, it absolutely worth trying. There are so many flavors that I have never heard about, and I will definitely spend my time on the rest of them during my trip.

by Jiaqi Wu

Comments

Popular Posts