"Good Morning, Heartache"


My five weeks in Paris are over. Time went by so quickly. This was a great experience with a bunch of emotions throughout. I am so happy I had this opportunity to take a class abroad about the history of Jazz and its expansion through the 20th century. It has been a refreshing time learning about something else other than chemistry.
I remember my first week here was a bit nerve-wrecking because of the language barrier, cultural differences, and unfamiliarity with the city. In my fifth week here, I felt very comfortable; however, I feel like there is still so much about Paris and France that I need to experience. While I miss California, Paris definitely has a place in my heart.
The song "Good Morning, Heartache," is actually a song by Billie Holliday that we heard in class and became one of my favorite songs. It's an appropriate song that describes me being away from Paris.
I would like to thank again the UCSD Study Abroad Office, OASIS, TRiO Student Support Services Program, and the Gilman Scholarship for providing me with support to making this summer possible. Thank you to everyone in the program who made this summer very memorable.

Comments

Popular Posts