California to Berlin

I leave to Berlin, Germany in 2 more days! I’ve never traveled outside the state so this will be my first time abroad! I’ve been spending the last few weeks and days preparing for this trip by buying travel essentials. How much to pack? What can I do to protect my belongings? What type of converter/adapter to buy? All of this is very new to me, yet also very eye opening. I’m a bit nervous about traveling on my own, but I think this is a great opportunity to exercise my independence and test my limits. I’ll be taking two history courses while I’m abroad: 1. Revolution, industrialization, and empire during 1750-1914, 2. Everyday life in dictatorial societies. I hope that this experience will teach more and become more empathetic about the people and the events of this time period. I’m looking forward to this Global Seminars program, so the next you’ll hear from me I’ll be in Germany!!!

Comments

Popular Posts