Almost Over...






In my previous blog post I mentioned that I would be traveling to Barcelona for the weekend. Let me start by saying that I FELL IN LOVE WITH SPAIN. It might have been the ease of merging into language since I speak Spanish myself or the mesmerizing beauty of the beach and the streets or a combination of both but Barcelona is definitely a place I would love to come back to. In fact, first night there I was already searching up jobs I could potentially apply to or programs I could be a part of to spend some time in Barcelona! That's how much I loved it! From going to the beach, checking out Park Guell, La Sagrada Familia, Parc de la Ciutadella and eating Paella for the first time, I have to say Barcelona has been a highlight of my trip. 



This past weekend I also had the opportunity to travel but this time to Venice, Italy. My travel companions and I (classmates) stayed in the inner part of Venice so we took the bus daily to get to the island. I found it so interesting how their form of transportation is through water! Our first day there we took a bus to the island and then took a "vaporetto" to get to "Lido" which a nearby island that has a beach. We took another vaporetto to "San Marcos" which is one of the most popular places to visit as a tourist in Venice. The following two days we decided to explore the streets that were mostly in the Venice island itself. After many plates of lasagna, pizza and 3 cones of gelato daily, I was very satisfied with my first trip to Italy. Not to mention, the beautiful view that comes with sitting outside restaurants that are near the canals!













Paris... some of the things I had yet left to do included going to the Louvre, Palace of Versailles and eating macaroons at the famous Laduree! I am happy to say I finally go to visit the beautiful Palace of Versailles and the Louvre Museum! Yay to checking off seeing the Mona Lisa! I have not been to Laduree yet but I will be doing that today. I'm so excited!







One more thing... when I was in Barcelona I randomly decided to record a small dancing clip with the beautiful Barceloneta Beach view in the background and after posting it and receiving many compliments I decided that I will do that from now on. Wherever I go, I will record a short dancing video of myself as a "souvenir" that I will be able to look back at whenever I want to. I did the same in Venice and just yesterday I had the opportunity of doing it in front of the Eiffel Tower. I have to say the Eiffel Tower video is my favorite of all three because the background of the tower with the sunset is gorgeous. Yesterday was bittersweet because although I enjoyed seeing the sunset and twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower that also means that this program is coming to an end. Paris has been so great to me.

If you'd like to check out my short dancing clip in front of the Eiffel Tower here is the link :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6kiQPm4g4


Silvia Rodriguez

Comments

Popular Posts