Week Two in London!

 Week two held so many adventures and moments that I know I truly will never be able to forget! 


Last week, we took a tour of the Roman Baths in the absolutely beautiful city of Bath, which was simply incredible. As a classics and history student, this experience was something that will stick with me forever. Being able to see ancient architecture and simply be in a space that has so much historical meaning was beyond inspiring! I had a fun time trying to translate some of the ancient Greek/Latin, even if I wasn't technically successful. 


Moreover, we spent a morning at Stonehenge! Our tour guide was the absolute sweetest and so excited to tell us all about the history of the location, as well as the myths and legends surrounding it. Seeing this monument in real life was so surreal.


Additionally, we took a tour of the Salisbury Cathedral. This was a breathtaking site and I spent the whole time absolutely enamored by the architecture (specifically the stain glass). As a religious studies minor, learning about the history of this Cathedral was such an invigorating experience. 






My favorite day of last week was walking around Hyde Park with my fellow GS classmates. The park itself is absurdly beautiful, but the company made it all the better. I cannot wait to see what else London holds for me!

Comments

Popular Posts