Semana Cuatro en Chile

Wow it’s hard to believe that my time in Santiago is over in less than a week! I had an absolute blast this week, and it started with Barrio Pueblito los Dominicos. My friends and I decided to check out this market last weekend, and they had amazing jewelry and leather goods. Although it was a bit expensive, I was still able to find this super cool alpaca silver bracelet!

Later that night, my friends and I went out for Korean BBQ because we were missing SoCal Asian food. Although Chile doesn’t do it quite as well as SoCal, we still very much enjoyed their attempt at a little piece of home. We were even able to get soju since the drinking age is eighteen here, which was very delicious! This was probably the most stuffed I’ve been while being here.

                                                    

Later in the week, we went on an excursion as a class to the Museum of Memory & Human Rights, where we learned more about the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet and his overthrow of President Salvador Allende. Throughout his military coup, many lives were lost or imprisoned, as shown in this photo of the many lives that suffered.


This past weekend, my friends and I were supposed to visit the south of Chile, a small town called Pucón, where we were going to hike up a volcano. However, one of my friends got sick and it was downpouring the whole weekend, so we decided not to go. Instead, we went to Barrio Italia, where we ate delicious Peruvian food.


Otherwise, this weekend has been filled with lots of essay writing as finals are near. I think I’ve spent more than ten hours total at the same cafe these past two days! Here's one of the delicious lattes I’ve had and an amazing croissant benedict. 





Comments

Popular Posts