Hasta Luego, España
For my final week in Madrid, I completed a lot of "bucket list" tasks that I decided I wanted to do before I left. This involved a lot of food places, but one thing I was really excited about was a rooftop tapas bar. We made a reservation at sunset so that we could enjoy the view. It was near the Banco de España metro station. I was happy we were able to explore this area because this was one of the few metro stops on the line that we never had the opportunity to see. The architecture was very beautiful and watching the sunset there was unreal.
One of the most notable parts of this week was actually our free day. A few friends and I decided to go to Ibiza for 24 hours. We booked a flight to watch Martin Garrix and FISHER, which was simply unforgettable. The beach was incredible (and we had such a beautiful view of the beach from a restaurant we went to for lunch). It was such a different experience from the city-life I had experienced for the past 5 weeks in Madrid, but it was nevertheless enjoyable. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to go (even for a day) to watch live sets from DJs I've listened to for such a long time.
The day after we returned from Ibiza was our last official day in Madrid before we flew back home. It was such a bittersweet day because I went souvenir shopping and visited some of my favorite places (TKO Tacos, Retiro Park, Good News Coffee) for the last time. Our farewell dinner was very nice as well because we got to share some of our favorite memories from the program and our hopes for future travel plans. I found some amazing people within this program and am so grateful that the study abroad experience brought me such incredible friends.
I will forever look back fondly on the memories I have made within this study abroad program. I lived the experience to the fullest and took advantage of every opportunity presented to me. I'm excited to return to Spain and relive all of the nostalgia and memories I have made! ¡Gracias por las memorias, España!

Comments
Post a Comment