Week 4: Last Weeks in Greece


As my study abroad time is coming to a close, my friends and I are trying to cram as much of Greece as possible. I started my week with finishing up papers, going to class, and having a midterm. I felt so much relief to finish my school work and enjoy Greece with no worries. 


After being in Greece for almost a month, I have found my favorite spots. One of those spots is Monastiraki Square. This week I’ve spent a lot of time there trying new restaurants, desserts, and shopping at so many souvenir shops. My friends and I ate at a restaurant called Bairaktaris that an Iron chef said had the best chicken and pork gyros he’d ever had. And I bought jewelry, t shirts, olive oil, magnets, and more. It’s a really lively square with a lot to do and beautiful views. I will probably be back there a few more times before I go back to the states. 

On Thursday, my class went on a day trip to Delphi. It was about a 12 hour trip and during that time we visited a town called Distomo where there was a Nazis massacre, a monastery, and the Archaeological Site of Delphi. Before we went on the trip, a cafe owner told us about a myth that says if we drink the spring water at the Archaeological Site of Delphi then you won’t have any hardships, so we drank the spring water. The following day we had class and went to a museum. During the weekend, my friends and I did a lot of walking around Athens and trying new restaurants. We also spent hours at the beach one day and got to see a beautiful sunset. 

Overall, I had a really good week. Sadly, my time in Greece is coming to a close, but I still have lots of time to fit in everything on my to do list!

Comments

Popular Posts