Irish Weather: A Mystery

I have been in Dublin for a week now and as much as I thought I packed appropriately for this trip, each day here reminds me that I, in fact, did not. 

A lot of preparation had to be done before my arrival, and one thing was making sure to do my research when it came to the weather and what to expect when visiting Dublin. For some reason, I didn't believe that it actually rained as much as they say it does, at least during the summer time. I found out the hard way that you, or even the weather app, really can not predict the weather here. 

To make things even better (not), the rain is smart. It always seem to have the perfect timing. I watch my window at work and enjoy the clear skies for hours, but the second I decide it's time to go home, the gray clouds appear. Coming from Southern California, I didn't even own a raincoat to bring with me. Luckily, there are good deals for raincoats at the shops here in Ireland (shout out to Penneys). 

I think after this week some key things I learned are:

  1. Bring a raincoat everywhere... seriously.
  2. If you don't think it's going to rain, it probably will.
  3. Even though it sucks walking in the rain, the views and sunsets are always worth it.
Whether it sprinkled or poured, the sky and scenery was always the most beautiful after the fact.


One of my favorite adventures so far was the Bray Head to Greystones Cliff Walk because it was a reminder as to why they call Ireland the Emerald Isle. The views during the hike, and at the top, were breathtaking. Luckily, the sun came out to play. After completing the cliff walk, a friend and I grabbed some top tier coffee from Nine Coffee Shop. Now that I actually own a raincoat and keep my umbrella strapped on me, I look forward to more adventures like this during the rest of my stay here in the country!







Comments

Popular Posts