Waterfall Trip!

     Bali is known for its amazing greenery and clear waters. It is also known for its waterfalls. This week I was able to visit Tegenungan Waterfall. This waterfall is very popular and is close to the city that I am staying in, Ubud. The entrance fee was 20,000 Rupiah which is the equivalent of about $1.50 USD. 
   

    When I arrived there were several shops selling snacks, clothes, water, fresh coconuts, and more. At the first shop I stopped by, there were puppies! My friend and I asked if we could hold them and the ladies were so kind that they let us play with them for a while.  



After playing with the puppies, I decided to head toward the waterfall. I passed by this huge sign saying " Welcome to Tegenungan Waterfall" and I could see the waterfall from where I was standing. This was the first waterfall that I had seen while being abroad. From above I could see all the tourists that were surrounding the waterfall. There was also a restaurant and pool close by.

 
                      
    I took several pictures from above before I made my way down a decent amount of steps. Talk about leg day. 

    At the end of the steps, there was a changing room, restroom, and locker room so we could get into our swimsuits and store our stuff before heading to the waterfall. After getting all ready, I made my way and came across this cute heart that said "true love." Of course, I had to make a stop and get some pictures.


    I finally made it to the waterfall with my classmates. As I stood on the rocks, I could feel the mist from the waterfall. The water was warm and enjoyable. I swam around for a while and took some pictures, but most importantly, I grounded myself in the present moment. I knew it wouldn't just be any day that I'd be able to experience such a beautiful sight. This trip to the waterfall has been the most memorable part of my study abroad experience so far. I am so thankful for experiences like these that will last a lifetime.
                                                        

By: Carolina Lopez
                                                    

Comments

Popular Posts