Week 3: Doing School While Abroad

 It seems like a challenge to go to class and do your school work while studying abroad, but it’s super easy to prioritize school! 


It’s hitting the middle of the the summer session where I have midterms and papers due for the two classes I’m taking. But for the weekend of week 3 I have a trip planned to Mykonos and I had plans during the week. 


Before coming to Greece this situation intimidated me. How would I get good grades and get my work done when I’m traveling around and have plans every day? 


When island hopping, there’s long ferry rides where you can write papers and study for exams. And the best part is that all of the people you’re with are taking the same classes, so you all can set a time to do work at a cafe. Everyone wants to get school work out of the way, so we’re all pretty motivated to finish our assignments…even weeks ahead of the due date.


The school and leisure time balance has been really great and I have so much time to discover new parts of Athens and travel to new islands on the weekends! 


Some of the activities I got to do this week are walk around the Acropolis, go to a space observatory, visit the prison of Socrates, go to the beach, try new foods, and travel to Mykonos! I was also able to write a paper and start studying for my midterm! 


Comments

Popular Posts