5 things you must do in Greece

1) Visit Monastiraki
Monastiraki is a popular place for tourists as it provides many souvenir shops, traditional Greek clothing stores, and flea markets. This is a great place to buy postcards and gifts to bring back home for cheap. I bought 2 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 8 postcards, and 3 paintings all for under 30 euros! There also fruit stands where you can buy food significantly cheaper than at the local grocery stores. You have to try the frozen yogurt there! It is easily accessible through the metro system.
2) Go to an Island
Ferry rides to Greece's islands are relatively inexpensive. My friends and I planned a weekend trip to Mykonos and it was stunning! No matter which island you choose, the beaches are gorgeous and well worth the money.
3) Try all the food!
The cuisine here is AMAZING and insanely cheap. I'm honestly going to be so sad to go back to America because I'm going to miss the food so much. You have to try souvlaki, gyros, baklava, moussaka, revani, spanikopita, tzaziki, I could go on and on!! I'm not a fan of coffee, but if you are, you'll love it here. There are dozens of coffee shops and cafes on every block and the drinks range from 1-3 euros depending on the type of coffee you get.
4) See a movie at an outdoor movie theater
The Cine Paris is an outdoor movie theater that overlooks the Acropolis. It is beautiful and a great place to see a movie during a summer night. You can also order dinner while watching the movie. Tonight I'm going to another outdoor theater, the National Gardens, to see Mamma Mia 2!
5) Go to the Acropolis
If you're a history the buff, the Acropolis is a must see. I went to the acropolis for an excursion with my class. While it was hot and tiring, it was definitely a sight to see. It's crazy to think that you are standing were canons were once being shot at. The history of it all is truly amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts