Remembering Your Study Abroad Trip is YOUR Study Abroad Trip

The one piece of advice I wish I had followed on this trip was: DO YOUR OWN THING!

Yes, the buddy system is REALLY important when traveling in another country, but you have to remember this study abroad trip is yours. You shouldn't let the plans of others alter your itinerary for the trip because you will truly regret it. If that means stepping out of your comfort zone and doing a few things on your own. SO BE IT! Take time to go meet locals, go to dinner by yourself, and have a few adventures by yourself. Study abroad is a time for you to figure out who you are and make memories that you smile when you look back on.

During my time in Paris, the time where I've felt the most a peace was when I was walking around the city by myself. This made me more approachable to locals and gave me more courage to start a conversation with strangers. I'm not saying that you have to spend your whole trip alone to have fun, I think you definitely participate in group activities and have fun with others. I have made amazing friends on this trip. We even went on group trips to different countries on the weekend. However, remember to make your own plans and do your own thing, because this is your trip. Trust yourself and don't forget to go on an adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts