Week 4 in Aix En Provence

 This past week was a week to remember as it was full of memories and amazing moments with friends. At the beginning of the week, we started with an art activity that was extremely relaxing, but a bit grueling considering it was so painfully hot outside. We then had a pretty short lecture the next day in preparation for our overnight trip to Nice. The trip to Nice was incredible and it has to be one of my favorite places I've visited on this trip so far. The food, sights, and beaches were all so amazing! On our second day there, I spent 8 hours at the beach with a few of my peers and it was so nice not having to worry about work or any other responsibilities for a while. We also visited a waterfall that was near the beach and it was stunning but exhausting because getting up to it was a bit of a hassle. For our excursions, we went to two different museums, both focusing on fashion, art, and influences. The trip ended off with us going to Cassis on the third day and discovering the town a bit as well as laying on the beach.

To say the least, the three days spent in Nice were amazing, especially since I've always wanted to visit and had the chance to do so with my friends. There were also so many amazing food spots and I'm so grateful to have had the chance to visit. As I reach the end of my program, I'm beginning to reflect a bit more on how Aix and the courses I've been taking have both changed my perspective on things such as film, food, and the connection to culture. I think it's important to respect practices, even if you think they're weird, and take into consideration how your reactions impact the assumptions that can be made.

(The waterfall)

(The amazing sandwich I had in Nice!)

Comments

Popular Posts