Aix en Provence: Week 2
This past week in Aix was amazing and I did a lot more discovering. The week started off slow, but quickly sped up. On Tuesday, I had a cooking class where we made Madelines and zucchini bread with goat cheese, it was delicious! We also started working on our final project which required in-person interviews and research. This was an interesting part of the week as it required us to create our own assumptions of the city and how we perceived the cultural diversity and factors of immigrations within the space.
After two days of research, a few friends and I decided to do some pottery painting at a nearby shop! The shop was super pretty and they even had a section where you could order drinks (pictured below). It was my first time doing pottery painting, so I found it to be much more stressful than I had originally imagined.
The school week ended off with us going to Carrières des Lumières to see the Frida Kahlo and Picasso art exhibit (this was my favorite because it was amazing to see, picture below), Arles to see the roman theater and coliseum, and finally, Château Les Baux to discover the older castle remains and the small surrounding town.
After the long day on Thursday, I had to run to the airport to catch a flight to Mallorca where I spent the weekend. It was so beautiful and it was absolutely incredible as I had never been on an island before. I met so many new friends and spent nearly 8 hours in the water with my new friends. The water was so so warm and incredibly blue. Also, I couldn't leave without picking up any souvenirs (ankle bracelet pictured below)
Overall, it was an incredible week and I can't wait to see what next week has in store for me!

It’s wonderful to read about another week of learning and discovery in Aix-en-Provence. Studying abroad is about so much more than academics—it’s also about experiencing a new culture, exploring historic places, and building friendships through shared experiences. Every new destination and activity adds to a journey that will be remembered for years to come.
ReplyDeletePrograms like these also inspire great ideas for practical keepsakes and event merchandise. Thoughtful items such as custom canvas tote bags for carrying study materials, reusable drinkware for busy days of classes and sightseeing, and custom embroidered caps for student groups or educational trips are useful souvenirs that participants can continue using long after the program ends.
Explore more custom gift ideas at VKraf Gifts or contact 016-3489525.
Thanks for sharing another inspiring update from Aix-en-Provence. It's great to see how international experiences can broaden perspectives while creating unforgettable memories.