Dublin Diaries: Week 4

Four weeks in, and things continue to feel more natural by the day. The internship has been going really well, and I feel like I am genuinely learning and growing through the work on the AURA project. Beyond that, life in Dublin just feels normal at this point in the best possible way. I know the city, I know my routine, and I feel far more like a resident than a visitor.

One of the things I keep coming back to is how much I love being able to travel so easily from here. Flying with Ryanair and staying at hostels makes it genuinely affordable to visit other countries on a weekend, and being already based in Europe means the options feel almost endless. This week I took advantage of that and spent three days in London with some friends.

London was a lot of fun. The best way I can describe it is that it reminded me a lot of New York City, just a big, busy, energetic city with a lot going on in every direction. We spent most of our time exploring, going out, and taking in the city at our own pace. Some of the big landmarks were on the list too. We saw Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster, both during the day and at night, and honestly the nighttime view was far more impressive. With fewer crowds and the buildings lit up, it had a completely different feel. 

We also walked through some of the city's markets, watched the Changing of the Royal Guard, and just enjoyed wandering around different parts of the city. One of my favorite stops was the National Gallery, which is free to enter and houses an incredible collection. Getting to see paintings by Monet, Cézanne, and Picasso in person was genuinely cool, as I learned about them back in AP Art History.



Something I have been reflecting on this week is how much ground I have covered in just one month. In the four weeks since arriving in Europe I have visited four countries, which is more than I had visited in my entire life before this trip. It is a strange thing to think about, but it really speaks to how unique this kind of experience is.

Next up is Paris, and I am probably most excited for this one yet. I already have a bunch of activities booked and I am really looking forward to it. More to come on that next week.

Comments

Popular Posts