Making Memories in Dublin, Ireland



    My experience in Ireland has been amazing! There are so many things that I will miss, such as walking through the city of Dublin and seeing all the shops, going on bus tours to visit other places in Ireland,  meeting the locals, and eating delicious food! This has been the best summer of my life, and I will cherish all of the memories that I have made, especially with the friends I have made from my study abroad program. I am extremely grateful for this amazing experience because I learned so much about Ireland's culture and history and met amazing people. I also learned a lot about working with individuals with intellectual disabilities from my internship at St. John of God. 

    My last bus tour was the Ring of Kerry, which is a popular drive in Kerry with beautiful scenery. We got to see mountains, hills, forests, rivers, beaches, and small towns throughout this drive, as well as Killarney National Park. We also stopped in the woods of Friers Glenn and see the Torc Waterfall, which is pictured above. We got to enjoy the views of Dingle Bay and visit the villages of Sneem and Waterville, which has a statue of Charlie Chaplin. This was one of the best bus tours that I have been on. I will forever remember how amazing the scenery is in Ireland. 

    If you plan to go to Ireland, I hope you make memories that will last a lifetime, and I hope you enjoy everything that it has to offer because I know I did. Also, if you are studying abroad in Dublin and want to visit nearby countries, I highly recommend it! I decided to go to London for three days, and it was a great experience! I visited the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the National Gallery, and other historic places. I would love to visit other countries if I had more time, but for now, I will always reflect on my experience abroad. I hope to travel to other countries in the future, and I hope you do too!


By Brandi Dickens

Comments

Popular Posts