Pre-Departure to South Africa!

          Tomorrow I leave to Cape Town, South Africa and I am very excited and scared at the same time. I chose South Africa to study abroad because people tend to immediately think Europe when choosing a place to go abroad. They usually think its fancier, safer, and worth the money. My goal in this global seminar is to learn about social change in South Africa, and see how much progress has been made over the years.  There are many negative stereotypes regarding the entire continent, and from my current research I have learned that South Africa is very modernized. The courses I will be taking will teach me how they got there, and why other parts of Africa are not as developed as Cape Town. When I return from Africa I want to be able to contradict some of these stereotypes and teach people about the things I learned. Finally, some of the adventures I am interested in doing are hiking Table Mountain, going on a safari and maybe even shark cage diving. I am excited to keep everyone updated on this once in a lifetime adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts