Paris is a dream

Almost a week in Paris and I still feel like it's not real. As a class, we have gone on a couple walking tours. The tour of Montmarte, a area located on top a large hill, was incredible because of the history of well known artists who lived there such as Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh. The streets were lined with beautiful art and architecture. The Basilica of Sacra Coeur, also located in Montmarte, is an incredible cathedral that made me want to sit there and admire it. The Luxembourg Gardens has incredible sculptures and overlooks the Pantheon. The picture on the right show that amazing view. This is where I sat down to rest, ate an ice cream, and enjoyed the live Jazz music. Class will start to pick up this friday and next week, where we will be having longer lectures and guest speakers as we start focusing more on Jazz. This might be super silly but sometimes while wandering around Paris, I find myself touching the walls of the area around me just to make sure I am actually in Paris because sometimes it just feels like I am in a dream.

I am so thankful to be here, but I couldn't have done without the support of many people and organizations such as the UCSD Study Abroad Office, OASIS, TRiO Student Support Services, and the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program. I hope only to give back to them to show my appreciation and encourage other students to make study abroad a part of there journey.

Comments

Popular Posts