Got a Fresh Fade in Italy.



I conquered the language gap and got a pretty good haircut.. well sort of. So I’ve been in Rome for about three weeks now. Aside from my long hair making my stay here even hotter, my hair definitely needed a clean up. With that, I began to look for nearby barbershops in the city of Trastevere. It was a bit difficult to find a barbershop that wasn’t very expensive and also extremely busy. To make things worse, I didn’t know which shops had English speaking barbers and which ones did not. I couldn't call in advance wither because I do not have an international plan for my phone. So I was off on my barbershop adventure and I eventually found a shop that offered a good price and minimal wait time. I was extremely nervous to get my hair cut somewhere that I was not comfortable with, but I pretty much had no other options. When I arrived at the barbershop, I was prepared. I had everything I wanted written down and translated in Italian. I showed it to the barber and he nodded to confirm. This haircut was so different from what I am used to in back in the States. For one, the barber only used clippers to set the fade line. Once the bald line was set it the correct place, the rest of the cut was scissors work.Not even the line up was with clippers. For that he used a straight edge, which wasn’t bad at all. It took quite a while to blend the fade in with only scissors, and to be completely honest, I was pretty doubtful of the outcome. After about 45 minuets or so, the haircut was finished. I didn’t think it was all that great but it wasn’t that bad either. I guess it was a good experience overall and I am glad that I was able to get the haircut I wanted with the language barrier.

Comments

Popular Posts