Halfway Home

Hello from Spain!

I cannot believe that it has been two and a half weeks since I have left California and two and a half weeks until I will be sleeping in my own bed again. What a two and a half weeks it has been! Granada, Spain is a breath-taking city that is drenched in history. We have visited the Alhambra (the moorish palace that sits above the city), explored the gypsy caves, traveled across the Mediterranean sea to Morocco, and next week will be traveling north to Madrid for a few days.

I have grown accustom to Spanish culture. Eating dinner at 9:30pm does not through me off anymore, and my Spanish has improved tremendously. I have also learned how to navigate the streets and am very careful to watch out for cars and mopeds, which do not usually stop or slow for pedestrians! I have enjoyed churros con chocolate as well as the delicious Spanish cuisine. In other words, it is beginning to feel like home.

As much as I have fallen in love with the city of Granada, Chefchaouen in Morocco has topped my list of favorite cities. Three times a year, the people paint the entire city blue! It seemed make-believe, as if we were all in the middle of a fairy tale. The only part of our trip that I did not like was the amount of time we spent there; I could have stared at those blue walls forever. I am definitely going to make my way back sometime in the future. This global seminar adventure has been more than I ever imagined it would be. From enriching learning to life-long friendships, this is a trip that I will remember for the rest of my life!


Comments

Popular Posts