Week 5 - All Good Things Must Come to an End

My last week in Paris.


If I were to be honest, it didn’t feel like I’d be in Paris for five weeks - it felt like I’d been there longer. Being in the City of Lights for some time really just felt like a temporary home. I felt pretty immersed in the city. Thus, saying goodbye was a little sad like any home you leave. I don’t know the next time I’ll see Paris or France thus it could be my last time saying goodbye.



With the final week finally arriving, I wanted to take in every part of Paris before leaving. I was able to enjoy at least one more hoo-rah! before leaving. I enjoyed going to a jazz club with friends - Le Caveau de la Huchette. Dancing at the jazz club was a new experience that I wish to do again some day. The performers were lively and the crowd energetic. It was amazing dancing with people from different parts of the world. It'll be something I'll always remember. 

Courtesy footage by Cydney Macon. Footage of inside the jazz club, Le Caveau de la Huchette.


When the day came for me to head back to the States, I sat on the plane reminiscing. Before even attending UCSD, I had always dreamed of studying abroad during my time in college. Thus, for me to actually accomplish this felt like a victory for myself. Especially, because it was a study abroad experience about two things I’m passionate about: African American literature and fiction writing. Paris was such an amazing experience I will never forget! I’ll miss the tranquility of the Seine River, the busyness of the city, the stuffy Metro, and the many hidden surprises and histories the city beholds. I’ll also always remember the group of people I befriended with that made the trip so amazing. I’m so grateful to have met such supportive and kind individuals that made this trip so fun and memorable. Lastly, I’m thankful I had the time to learn so much about Paris’s impact on African American literature while also improving myself as a writer. There’s so much more I want to share about my trip however, this blog post would be too long. I’ll leave with saying that for anyone wanting to study abroad in Paris I recommend them to embrace the city and get ready to wander in awe.




Courtesy footage by Cydney Macon. Footage of walking around Paris and the Seine River.

Comments

Popular Posts