Week 4 - Soaking it all in


The fourth week rolled in and I was starting to grow bittersweet with the idea that I’d be gone next week. So far, I was happy with the friends I made and also fell in love Paris. I loved the small surprises Paris held like record stores, small thrift stores, and bookstores. I wasn't ready to leave it all quite yet.


This week I was doing a lot of writing to catch up with my prompts for my Short Fiction class. Part of this class is learning how to let go of self-doubt and judgment as you write. Even if it's not your best work, it's important to just keep writing. While writing up short fiction stories, the more I started to let loose and keep in mind that "we all have a creative genius" like my professor expressed to us. The more I wrote and kept this perspective the more excited and happy I was with the results. Although not all stories were great it was amazing to see how it came out to be.


The overall highlight of this week was visiting Bordeaux with friends I made from the Global Seminar. The eight of us stayed for four days taking in the city. I found Bordeaux to be a much calmer ambience than Paris. The population in Bordeaux wasn't as dense as in the city nor as many vehicles whizzing past you. What was really amazing was going to the beach! We went in the early afternoon where the sun was at it's highest with a soft breeze blowing across the ocean. I remember sinking my feet into the water and fell in love with how soft the sand was. The water a beautiful blue hue and luckily the beach wasn't crowded with people. I think what I'll remember the most from this trip was the late nights talking with my friends and just enjoying each others company. Overall, I'm glad for this to be my final trip before leaving France.





Courtesy footage by Cydney Macon. Footage from trip to Bordeaux.

Comments

Popular Posts