Living A Dream: How Paris has Changed My Perspective About Study Abroad

Paris has been a dream. I mean it in the most literal sense. I wake up every morning in such a beautiful city and can't believe I'm lucky enough to be having this experience. This city is so vibrant and alive while simultaneously being serene and peaceful. Often we have expectations as students coming to different countries. We expect to have life changing moments (which you will have) and an almost religious experience. However, being here in Paris has taught me to just be grateful for being able to have this experience as a black woman abroad. Being in Paris has taught me to cherish unusual moments like being lost on the metro, or struggling to find the right words in French. Im not saying hat your time abroad won't be spectacular. However, I hope when planning your trip, that you have realistic expectations for yourself so that you can make the most of your trip. When making plans to come abroad remember that your fairy tales lie in the simple moments don't let them pass you by.
Here are some of my dreamy moments by the Eiffel Tower

Comments

Popular Posts