Granada, Spain! A journey at its best. Tips on flight ticket, packing, food, and more!

Hola!

The Cathedral


Granada, Spain has so much history in its beautiful city, but most importantly, it is a city with lots of love and emotions.
I'd like to share almost all my experiences so far upon arrival, which has been almost three days so far. I will express what I packed in my suitcases, why you should pack food if you're health conscious, and what you can do to make your travels one of the best experiences!

Packing


Knowing that I will live in Granada for 5 weeks, I decided to pack a good amount of clothing. I packed almost 5 different pairs of jeans, several tops, summer dresses, shorts, and 3 different pairs of shoes including walking shoes. You will need comfortable walking shoes because you will walk the streets of Granada a lot, I mean a lot! I did not hesitate to take this amount of changing clothes because it is 5 weeks. Also, if you plan to visit the Sea (Beach), take your swimsuit.
I am health conscious. Therefore, I brought food. For instance, I packed canned soup, nuts, protein powder, canned sardines, and much more. Traveling to another country and not knowing their food habits, I was right to bring my familiar and comfortable foods. The residential host offers 3 meals a day, but I still needed to eat between these meals. I even took a portable blender to make my green juice every morning! You can too if its your passion. Don't hesitate to continue being you while away from home. I give you the green light to pack what you desire :)

There are a lot of vegetarian restaurant's, so hold your wings because the food is good. I like Sultan's restaurant. This pictured dish was soooo good. Couscous with veggies, hummus and salad on the side. If you're vegetarian or vegan, the residential will work with you. Again, hold your wings because you will be have food available.




GYM

There are gyms in the area if you want to stay active. I will register with the larger gym, which is 53 euros. It has an outdoor swimming pool, and you can layout in the sun on the grass! An indoor pool offers lessons, a small dance studio, personal training sessions if you're interested, and fitness classes. All for 53 euros!, except private training lessons.


Airfare and Luggage delays

If you want to save money, book your ticket departing from LAX because it is at least $300-$500 cheaper. Make sure you book your ticket in advance because prices start to increase closer to departure dates. There were a lot of delays on the way to Granada, which made my travels that much more exhausting. I suggest you rest as much as possible because once you arrive here, you don't want to sleep in order to adjust to the time. I was jet legged for 2 days, and slowly started to transition on the 3rd day.
Because flights were delayed, so were my luggage's. I did not receive my suitcases until the following day. The flight tickets I received went through the system when I was in Madrid. But what caused my luggage's to delay, I did not know I needed to reprint a new flight ticket, which delayed my belongings. The printed ticket in LAX still went through in Madrid, which is why I didn't think anything will happen. If you have any delays, double check your tickets with a representative so you can avoid any luggage delays. And pack extra items in your carry on. I didn't. I had to wear the same clothes the following day, which was okay. And that's when you have to keep a positive attitude and move forward with what's available.

Conclusion

I love it here so far! The culture is so different than California. I don't enjoy the fast pase lifestyle in Cali, which is why I love it here in Granada. It is perfect to catch up with yourself, and enjoy the scenario at the same time. I plan to have an individual tour guide to show me around. There is an app called Showaround if you're interested. Some tour guides don't charge anything, and some do.
Also, our professor is intelligent and informative. You will learn a lot from him.

Comments

Popular Posts