Retrospect: Fear of Flying

For those of you who are afraid to travel abroad due to a fear of flying, like me, it may seem like
everyone is not afraid and armed with statistics to show you how safe it is. Well, no shame here.
I am COMPLETELY afraid of flying. This was a new development as I was born to parents whose
parents live on the other side of the world. I used to fly every two years before middle school and
that didn’t scare me at all. Now the thought of lift off makes my palms sweaty and my pulse quicken.


This is what happened to me:


I have general anxiety and I have access to Ativan. I find it calming, though it fails to make me sleepy.
For my first flight to Paris I took my prescribed amount 20 minutes before boarding, then half another
pill a good 20 minutes after boarding the plane. The last dose I let dissolve under my tongue so that it
could absorb quicker. That did not help. I was stuck white knuckling my arm rests on the aisle seat
while this teen next to me in the window seat casually leaning on the window played her music rhythm
games. I drifted in and out of sleep and terror, jumping at every shake of the plane, envying those
snoring away or enjoying their tiny in-seat screens.


Don’t do that.


For my flight back, I decided to stay up all night. I understand that some dislike travelling tired, but I
really wanted to knock out. I avoided coffee even the day before, and stayed up late admiring the city
lights before turning in to binge netflix all night. Then in the morning, I ate just enough to not be hungry
and as little liquids as I could so as to not wake up on the flight back. Then, at the airport, I took my
medication much earlier. Really about half an hour before boarding and the one and a half pills at once.
I was already drowsy at this point and had not a care in the world. By the time I hit my seat and my
neighbor seats were all filled, I was out. Beautifully, by the time I woke up we were about to land.


For you, you can try Benadryl if you have allergies to induce sleep. Or drink any tea that can make you
sleepy or anything that has ever caused you drowsiness. I would even recommend a Nyquil if you have
some. It’s only a one time thing, it should not be a problem for your liver/kidneys. If you are legal, I
suppose wine might help!


Simply, knock yourself out!


p.s. I find that it helps to have headphones in and to play my favorite song on repeat on a low volume.
It helped put me in a good headspace before the flight and blocked out the sounds of people scrambling
to stuff their overhead luggage and muffle some of the terrifying engine sounds. Good luck my friends!



Comments

  1. Sex Doll are a really great option, compared with being horny for a long time without anyone to give you mind-blowing orgasms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a growing company based on trust,reasonable price and high quality that we give our patients from all around the world. With a dynamic and experienced team, hair transplant turkey .we ensure high quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given their quality, we are presented as a trusted weed dispensary by our customers. Buy Weed Online to your address is a very simple process

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white runtz strain. Celebrated for its incredibly fruity profile that smells just like a bag of the sugary candy, runtz strain leafly, the strain has resin-drenched buds that range in color from rich purple to lime green runtz is also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. psychedelic education Monthly MAPS donors sustain our work and support year-round psychedelic research, drug policy reform, public education, harm reduction,
    peer support, and general operations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Medical online is the online solution for our customers from quality medical services.buy branded medical equipment such as medical supplies. buy redotex online .

    ReplyDelete
  7. The DMT vape pen .As we discussed above the facts and effects, here we provide you the best quality of MDMA Powder so that we assure us to you be a permanent customer of bestplugshop. Given below are the important points for you so kindly check it ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Study Abroad It is useful for all those who plan to study abroad. For them, I want to say that Oaks Overseas also provides the best counseling in Hyderabad.

    Oaks Overseas - Study Abroad

    Wide Network Study Consultants

    best consultation in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yang pertama adalah mobile apps, bandar bola atau disebut juga dengan aplikasi. Bola88 selaku situs judi bola terpercaya juga terbaik tahun 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome...To DUMP99.IN Dumps With Pin Shop Online.Yep We know you have alots right now- All your problems will be solved from this digital money.- You can pay for your entertainment, your vacation with your lover, anything you want. best cc shop online as WE said, the limitless possibilities are hidden. You need to unlock them by buying dumps with pin. Surprisingly,

    ReplyDelete
  11. The maximum working pressure of DLD hydraulic bolt tensioner is 150MPa, and there is a red overpressure warning line on the tensioner, Hydraulic Bolt Tensioner which can better ensure personal safety and extend the service life of the tensioner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today, many companies are looking to you for an active lifestyle that promotes work-life balance and good health. under desk treadmill .And among the trends emerging from this movement is a treadmill desk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts