Amazing Places I visited while in Australia

This is just a very short list of some of the things I did that I most certainly will never forget.

Weekend Trip to Cairns

Giant Clam

Great Barrier Reef 
My picture with Nemo
Going snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef was the number one thing on my bucket list and I still can't believe I did it. Twelve of us got together and coordinated a trip to Cairns. On Friday we had our trip to the reef. Our day began at 9am, from there it was about an hour and a half boat ride to the first snorkeling destination. We spent about two hours in the water.  I decided to also go diving, and while I was down under I got to take a picture with Nemo and I also got to see some amazing animals such as stingrays, colorful fishes, and a shark. Around 12:30pm food was provided on the boat. After, we were taken to the second snorkeling destination which was about twenty-five minutes away. I went diving again and the view was absolutely spectacular, no words can describe the amazing wildlife and no pictures can capture the colors I saw. When I came up from scuba diving I went snorkeling to a little island and while I was on my way over I swam with a green sea turtle.
After snorkeling a second time

Daintree Rainforest
Rainforest Creek
On Saturday I got to visit one of the oldest rainforests in the world, the Daintree Rainforest. We went on a Crocodile Boat Cruise and got to see some very large crocodiles in the Daintree River. After lunch, I got to swim in a crystal clear rainforest creek. Towards the end of the day, we stopped at Port Douglas and I fell in love with the place. The beach was like no other I have ever been to. The water was clear and warm, and there were hardly any waves. I was able to easily float on the surface of the water soaking up the rays of the sun.
Port Douglas Beach

Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House with the Sydney Harbor Bridge in the back

Aida ticket
Every time I got off the train at Circular Quay and looked out towards the ocean and saw the sun reflecting off of the Opera House I could not believe I was there. It honestly took my breath away each and every time, and I know it was the same for my friends that were there with me. I was lucky enough to watch two shows at the Opera House: Aida and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in concert with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.

Harry Potter ticket
Aida was my very first opera and we were able to get really good seats at a discounted price by getting student rush tickets, so instead of paying $380 we only paid $45. The set and music were astonishing. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy opera but after the experience I had in Sydney, I can't wait to go to more.

I never noticed how much music was in the Harry Potter movies until I saw the Sydney Symphony Orchestra play it live. After this show, I gained a new appreciation for the music and how much it influences the mood of a movie.

Blue Mountains

My picture touching a koala
The Blue Mountains was one of the very first class trips I had. On our way there we stopped at a wildlife park and I got the opportunity to take a picture with a Koala and feed kangaroos. I also saw a number of other animals and birds.

When we got to our hiking trail at the top of the mountain it was a little before noon and even though the sun was out the air around us was really cold. The hike down wasn't very long but it was super steep. The view was amazing, I got to see waterfalls, birds, the blue hue of the mountains and so much more. The walk down was fairly easy but on the way up a lot of us were struggling to get back to the top to eat. I remember lunch very distinctly because it was the first time I had tried kangaroo. While many didn't like the distinct taste, I actually enjoyed the steak.



Bondi Beach

A couple of friends and I did the Bondi to Coogee walk and it was so beautiful. The entire walk was about six kilometers long, the majority of the time we were walking along the cliffs and the views were so nice and different that I was tempted to take pictures every couple of steps. I also got to see stunning views of beaches, parks, cliffs, bays, and rock pools.
Another highlight of my trip was my very first surf lesson which also happened at Bondi. A group of us went to Bondi after class and took a two-hour surf lesson. Our instructors were so patient and friendly they made all of our experiences unforgettable. I am very happy to say that the very first time I stood on a board and rode a wave in was at Bondi Beach.  

Comments

Popular Posts