Living, Learning, and Loving from Bali


When I first applied to study abroad in Bali, Indonesia, I was very excited to see the beautiful beaches and lush nature that is usually publicized on social media. And, while I did in fact get to cross many beautiful landmarks from my bucket list; this global seminars program was so much more than sight seeing. There was a cultural aspect included in this experience that I did not expect to be impacted from as much as I did. In the past 4 weeks, I have gotten the chance to learn about the Balinese' way of living, their community-based mindsets and how they always want to help, give, offer happiness and wellbeing for others; I got to experience their delicious meals, I got to witness their beautiful daily religious offerings they sacrifice to their gods, I got to learn about their zero-waste habits and how they take materials from the earth and give back what they do not need. 

Simultaneously, I made everlasting friendships with the members of my global seminars group that I will cherish forever. We all went through so many experiences together, we grew, we struggled, we laughed, cried, had fun, got sick, and healed; all together and supporting each other along the journey. I have made best friends for life and am so grateful I got to go on this beautiful experience. 





Comments

Popular Posts