Favorite Meals in France


France has an amazing food scene. I can't remember many meals that I had that I didn't highly enjoy. Here are my top 5 most memorable eats I had in Paris:

1) BEST CROQUE MONSIEUR EVER

A Croque Monsieur is essentially a ham and cheese panini if your also crusted it with lots of cheese on the outside! It is one of my all time favorite comfort foods in general, which I first discovered 6 years ago on a trip to Paris with family friends. The Croque Monsieur at Cafe Trama in the 6th Arrondissement however is OUT OF THIS WORLD! This preparation involves some of the highest quality ingredients, and there is also a layer of shaved black truffle within the sandwich itself!


2) Shakshuka 

Shakshuka is a Tunisian dish with roasted red peppers, onions, and tomatoes as a base. Eggs are then baked on top and a final sprinkling of feta is put onto it. The version I tried for brunch one Sunday at Cafe Oberkampf left me blown away!


3) Quiche Lorraine

Quiche Lorraine is as simple as they come: eggs, cheese and bacon in quiche form. It was one of my favorite breakfast items to order. I was never left disappointed!


4) Le Volant Basque

One of my favorite dinners was with my roommate at this Basque restaurant in our neighborhood called Le Volant Basque. I had these red piquillo peppers stuffed with cod and topped with a roasted pepper sauce with bacon. I want to try and replicate this dish at home.



5) Le Refuge des Fondus

This small Fondue restaurant at the top of Montmartre has a really cool atmosphere, and pretty good fondue. Its quaint and storied interior made it a meal to remember!




Comments

Popular Posts